Our students are actively engaged in a child-centered learning environment. We provide knowledge work which is meaningful to learners and their community. Students are expected to solve problems and produce quality products that will enable them to increase their competencies to continue learning independently.
- All students have the ability to learn, achieve, and be successful;
- Students learn best in a safe, caring and structured environment that promotes student learning;
- Students must be actively engaged in their learning and incorporating a differentiated approach will address the diverse learning styles of our students;
- Students must maintain good attendance to promote academic excellence;
- A quality education, continuous improvements and positive communications are the shared responsibility of all stakeholders (school staff, parents and community).
Magnet Program at Newsome Park Elementary
Newsome Park is a Math, Science and Technology Magnet school.
Technology is an integral part of each day's learning; students use technology to gather, analyze and communicate information.
Magnet students have the opportunity to concentrate their studies within a well-balanced academic program. Like all elementary students, they will receive a solid foundation in reading, language arts, social studies, the arts, and health and physical education in addition to math, science and technology.